Friday, September 30, 2016

July-September Round-Up

Here it is, the end of another quarter! I have to say, my round-up posts have become some of my favorite posts to write, because I love looking back at the past three months and remember all the books I read and just what I loved about them. This quarter, I’ve read a decent number of books, even though it isn’t quite as many as I’ve read in the past. Despite that, I’ve read a bunch of fantastic novels, and I’m excited to share them with you!




An Elegant Façade
An Elegant Façade is the second book in Kristi Ann Hunter’s Hawthorne House series, coming after A Noble Masquerade. This is a story I really, really loved—in fact it might be one of my top ten books this quarter—and is a novel I highly recommend and can’t wait to read again!

No Other Will Do
No Other Will Do is Karen Witemeyer’s most recent novel, and is quite possibly my favorite book she’s ever written. Although I love each and every one of her stories and they are all on my all-time favorites list, there was just something about this one that absolutely captivated me.

A Beauty Refined
A Beauty Refined is the second book in Tracie Peterson’s Sapphire Brides series, coming after A Treasure Concealed. This wasn’t my favorite book I’ve read this quarter, but I did still enjoy it, the parts I skim-read anyway.


Miracle in a Dry Season
Miracle in a Dry Season is the first book in Sarah Loudin Thomas’s Appalachian Blessings series, and was also the first book I had ever read by her. To be honest, it must have been a pretty wonderful story, because reading this novel made me a lifetime fan of Sarah’s.

Until the Harvest
Until the Harvest is the second book in Sarah Loudin Thomas’s Appalachian Blessings series, coming after Miraclein a Dry Season. I have to say, I think I enjoyed this story even more than the first, so I’d definitely say these were two of my favorite novels from this quarter.


Sarah’s Surrender
Sarah’s Surrender is the third book in Vickie McDonough’s Land Rush Dreams series, coming after Gabriel’s Atonement and Joline’s Redemption. I’ve enjoyed this entire series immensely, and this novel is my favorite of them all!

Ties That Bind
Ties That Bind is the first book in Cindy Woodsmall’s The Amish of Summer Grove series, and was the first book I had ever read by her as well. I have to say, I really enjoyed this novel, and am now a fan of Cindy’s as well! This one captivated me and I’m excited to read the rest of the series!


The Imposter
The Imposter is the first book in Suzanne Woods Fisher’s The Bishop’s Family series, and is such a wonderful story! I had read some of Suzanne’s novels in the past, and I really enjoyed them, and this book was no exception!

The Quieting
The Quieting is the second book in Suzanne Wood’s Fisher’s The Bishop’s Family series, coming after The Imposter. I enjoyed this novel even more than the first, and now I absolutely can’t wait to finally read the last installment!


A Cowboy’s Touch
A Cowboy’s Touch is the first book in Denise Hunter’s Big Sky Romance series, but isn’t the first book I’ve ever read by her. Denise is probably one of my top five all-time favorite authors, so I was super excited for the chance to read another one of her books, and I absolutely loved it.

The Accidental Bride
The Accidental Bride is the second book in Denise Hunter’s Big Sky Romance series, coming after A Cowboy’s Touch. While I really loved the first novel, I think I loved this one even more! I’m not surprised though, because I love just about anything Denise writes!


Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead is one of Karen Witemeyer’s stand-alone novels, and was the only one of her full-length novels I hadn’t yet read. So, now I can officially say I’ve read all of her books, and I can say that this one is absolutely fantastic and one of my favorites.

Through the Deep Waters
Through the Deep Waters is one of Kim Vogel Sawyer’s stand-alone novels, and could quite possibly be my favorite book she’s ever written. It is just such a fantastic story that really touched my heart, so I’m super glad I read it this quarter.


The Trouble with Cowboys
The Trouble with Cowboys is the third book in Denise Hunter’s Big Sky Romance series, coming after A Cowboy’s Touch and The Accidental Bride. I absolutely loved this book, just like the rest of the series, though I can’t decide which is my favorite, this novel or the second one.

Like Never Before
Like Never Before is the second book in Melissa Tagg’s Walker Family series, coming after From the Start. I have recently become a huge fan of Melissa’s, and I absolutely loved this book, but I think the first one might be my favorite. I just can’t decide!


The Things We Knew
The Things We Knew is Catherine West’s most recent stand-alone novel, and was also the first book I had ever read by her. I have to say, I never expected to love this book as much as I do, but I really, really enjoyed it! I know I’ll be reading more of Catherine’s work in the future!

Counted with the Stars
Counted with the Stars is the first book in Connilyn Cossette’s Out From Egypt series, but is a book I actually didn’t end up reading. I had already taken my pictures a while before I started this novel, so that’s why it’s pictured, but I didn’t get past the first couple of chapters because I wasn’t super into it and I had to make some more room in my schedule.


The Forgotten Recipe
The Forgotten Recipe is the first book in Amy Clipston’s Amish Heirloom series, and is a novel I actually really enjoyed! I’ve read some of Amy’s books before so that wasn’t a total surprise, but I ended up loving this one more than I thought I would!

Starving Hearts
Starving Hearts by Janine Mendenhall is the first book I’ve ever read by her, but isn’t necessarily a novel I really enjoyed. I did like the story to some extent; however I wouldn’t say it was my favorite book of the quarter.

The Loyal Heart
The Loyal Heart is the first book in Shelley Shepard Gray’s Lone Star Hero’s Love Story series, and is another book of hers that I’ve definitely enjoyed! I did have a couple of issues with it but for the most part, this is a book I really loved!


God Bless Us Every One
God Bless Us Every One is Eva Marie Everson’s most recent novella, and is actually set at Christmastime! This was such a cute little story that I actually ended up reading really quickly (go figure) and definitely loved! It was the first thing I’d ever read by her but I know I will pick up more of her books in the future!

My Stubborn Heart
My Stubborn Heart is one of Becky Wade’s stand-alone novels, and was a book I knew I was going to love. I’m a huge fan of Becky’s, so I was super excited to read this story, but I have to say I was surprised to find that this just might be my favorite of her books!


The Wedding Shop
The Wedding Shop is the most recent of Rachel Hauck’s novels set in Hearts Bend, Tennessee, and is a story I had been eagerly anticipating! I knew that I would love it, since I love all of Rachel’s books, but I have to say, I think I enjoyed this novel even more than I thought I would!

The Measure of a Lady
The Measure of a Lady is one of Deeanne Gist’s stand-alone novels, and is another book I was sure I would enjoy as I’m a big fan of Deeanne’s. However, as is becoming the theme for this quarter, I had no idea I would love it so much!


Whispers of the Bayou
Whispers of the Bayou is one of Mindy Starns Clark’s stand-alone novels, and was only the second book I had ever read by her. However, I was pretty sure I would really enjoy this novel, and I wasn’t disappointed! This story was completely captivating!

A Lady Unrivaled
A Lady Unrivaled is the third book in Roseanna M. White’s Ladies of the Manor series, coming after The Lost Heiress and The Reluctant Duchess. Roseanna is one of my top three favorite authors of all time, and I have absolutely loved this series, and this novel was no exception!

A Change of Fortune
A Change of Fortune is the first book in Jen Turano’s Ladies of Distinction series, and is another novel I knew I would love, partly because I’m a fan of Jen’s, and partly because I’ve already read this novel and loved it the first time. I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around!

Just a Kiss
Just a Kiss is the third book in Denise Hunter’s Summer Harbor series, coming after Falling Like Snowflakes and The Goodbye Bride. Like I said above, I’m a HUGE fan of Denise’s, so I knew I would enjoy this book as well. What I didn’t expect was that this would be my favorite book in the series!

Twilight at Blueberry Barrens
Twilight at Blueberry Barrens is the third book in Colleen Coble's Sunset Cove series, coming after The Inn at Ocean's Edge and Mermaid Moon. I really enjoyed this novel, although I have to confess, I liked the previous books just a little bit better.

Well, those are all the books I’ve read this quarter! What about you? What are some of your favorite books that you’ve read recently?
Happy reading!



To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

To see my full reviews of any of the novels, click on the coral-colored titles.

1 comment: