Monday, August 8, 2016

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter + A Linkup

When a wedding reenactment turns real, Shay finds she’s an accidental bride.
Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter in Moose Creek, Montana, on her childhood ranch, nestled against the Yellowstone River. Despite the hard work, she can’t seem to keep her head above water—and now the bank is threatening to foreclose. She prays for a miracle, but the answer she receives is anything but expected.
Having agreed to play the bride in the Founders’ Day wedding reenactment, Shay is mortified to be greeted at the end of the aisle by none other than Travis McCoy, her high-school sweetheart—the man who left her high and dry for fame and fortune on the Texas rodeo circuit.
Then the unthinkable happens. Thanks to a well-meaning busybody and an absentminded preacher, the make-believe vows result in a legal marriage. But before Shay can say annulment, Travis comes up with a crazy proposal. If she refuses his offer, she may lose her home. If she accepts, she may lose her heart.
Shay isn’t sure if the recent events are God’s will or just a preacher’s blunder. Will trusting her heart to the man who once shattered it be the worst mistake of her life? Or could their marriage be the best accident that ever happened?



The Accidental Bride is the second book in Denise Hunter’s A Big Sky Romance series, coming after A Cowboy’s Touch. Since I’m a huge fan of Denise’s, I knew that this book would be one that I would love, and I was completely and totally right. I have to say, this is definitely one of my favorites out of all of her novels that I have read. It is just such a sweet, touching story, and I just couldn’t get enough of it. I fell in love with Travis from the first moment that I met him, and I couldn’t help but feel an immense amount of compassion for Shay and all she’s been through. Clearly I had no other choice but to love this novel.
Shay Brandenberger is definitely a character I loved from the very beginning, though I sometimes was so frustrated with her I wanted to reach out and shake her. She was so scarred by the pain of her past that it kept her from truly being kind to Travis, much less letting him back in, and since I loved him so much, I couldn’t stand the way she treated him. But I still loved her nevertheless, and I was so excited for the day when she would finally let herself heal.
Travis McCoy was by far my favorite character in this book. Although I definitely loved all the others, Travis just stole my heart from the very beginning, and I couldn’t help but want everything to turn out for him and Shay. The way he felt about her just made me melt into a little puddle on the floor, so I had to root for the two of them from page one. Plus, Travis’s blossoming relationship with Shay’s daughter Olivia was beyond adorable.
All in all, I really, really loved this book, and I can’t imagine giving it anything other than all five bookshelves. Especially since it already has a place on my all-time favorites list. But then, all of Denise’s books that I have read are on my list, because that’s just how great of an author she is. So I would highly recommend this novel, and all the other books in the series.
Happy reading!

And now on to the linkup!


FEATURES

First, I’m featuring Brook from The Vine Press and her post about hearing God when He talks to us.


Second, I’m featuring Becky from ByBMG and her post all about what she’s been up to this past month and her goals for the next one.


RULES

-Link back to Spreading His GraceBows and Clothes, or both

-Subscribe to both blogs and follow each of us on at least one social media

Mackenzie: Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Sarah: Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

-This linkup has no theme so we encourage you to link any of your recent posts. Also note that we have the right to delete your link if it isn't appropriate. However, we are super excited to read about your passions and are so glad that you've decided to join us!





To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Denise Hunter and Thomas Nelson Publishing.

6 comments:

  1. Well I have to say the fact that I share a name (although spelled differently) with the main character makes me want to read this book, ha! It does sound really good though too!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree; I'm always more likely to read a book if one of the characters has the same name as me or someone I love!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a good book. I love Christian fiction!! I just requested the first and second book from my library. Thanks for sharing! I just got finished with the Whispers on the Moors series by Sarah E Ladd. I really enjoyed those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; I love Christian fiction too! Oh, I loved the Whispers on the Moors series! Sarah E. Ladd is one of my favorite authors! If you liked her, you should check out Julie Klassen!

      Delete
  3. This definitely sounds like a book I'd read! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, so I'd definitely recommend it! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete