Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Bookshelf: A Lady Unrivaled by Roseanna M. White

Lady Ella Myerston can always find a reason to smile—even if it’s just in hope that tomorrow will be better than today. All her life everyone has tried to protect her from the realities of the world, but Ella knows very well the danger that has haunted her brother and their friend, and she won’t wait for it to strike again. She intends to take action…and if that happens to involve an adventurous trip to the Cotswolds, then so much the better.
Lord Cayton has already broken two hearts, including that of his first wife, who died before he could convince himself to love her. Now he’s determined to live a better life. But that proves complicated when old friends arrive on the scene and try to threaten him into a life of crime. He does his best to remove the intriguing Lady Ella from danger, but the stubborn girl won’t budge. How else can he redeem himself, though, but by saving her—and his daughter—from those dangerous people who seem ready to destroy them all?



A Lady Unrivaled is the third book in Roseanna M. White’s Ladies of the Manor series, coming after The Lost Heiress and The Reluctant Duchess. I am a HUGE fan of Roseanna’s, and this series to be honest, so I’ve been super excited for this book for quite some time. I absolutely LOVED The Lost Heiress, and even though I hardly believed it possible, I loved The Reluctant Duchess even more, so I just knew I would love this novel as well. And I must confess, I most definitely wasn’t disappointed. I already loved both Lord Cayton and Lady Ella, so I knew it wouldn’t be hard to fall for their story, and I was right. If only this book had lasted longer!
Lady Ella Myerston is such a sweet, innocent, spitfire of a character, and I absolutely love everything about her. She is so set on keeping her brother and his wife safe that she completely disregards her own safety, and that is definitely something to admire. But my absolute favorite thing about her is actually not entirely just about her. My favorite thing is her relationship with Cayton. They are literally the cutest thing, and I couldn’t get enough of the two of them.
Lord James Cayton is completely and utterly wonderful. That’s all I can think to say. Even though I know he doesn’t have the best past, and is actually very hard on himself because of it, I can definitely see that he is redeeming himself, and I couldn’t help but love him and feel so much compassion for him as he struggled to finally forgive himself for all he had done. Plus, as I watched him fall in love with Ella, my heart was completely taken over, and if I wasn’t already sure of his perfection, I certainly was after that.
All in all, I absolutely loved every single aspect of this story, and I’m so sad that the series had to come to an end, but I know Roseanna is already working on a new series, so I’m super excited to see what that one will hold! Anyway, I cannot imagine giving this book anything other than all five bookshelves, because it already has a permanent place on my all-time favorites list. The themes that focus on God’s love and redemptive grace made this a story that touched my heart, and the drama and romance made it one I’ll never forget. And all that combined makes it a book I highly recommend.
Happy reading!



I received a copy of this book from Roseanna and the publisher in exchange for only my honest review.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.


All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Roseanna M. White and Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment