Monday, August 1, 2016

A Cowboy’s Touch by Denise Hunter + A Linkup

Abigail is just in Moose Creek, Montana for the summer to temporarily care for her great aunt. But a tender-hearted cowboy beckons her to stay.
Abigail Jones intends to spend just one summer in middle-of-nowhere Montana with her Aunt Lucy. Time away from her job is just what Abigail needs to reassess her life. The slow pace has her breathing deeply for the first time in years. And the majestic scenery encourages her to get reacquainted with herself…and God.
What she didn’t count on was the handsome widowed cowboy who owns the ranch where her aunt lives. When the rancher loses his daughter’s nanny, Abigail decides to lend a hand for the summer.
Wade Ryan can’t help being attracted to Abigail. But he’s given up everything to protect his daughter, and he’s not about to risk it all on a pretty face.
Under Abigail’s care, Wade’s home and daughter thrive. And with Wade’s touch, Abigail’ heart feels at home at last. But Abigail knows this elusive rancher is hiding something. Will her own secrets separate her from the cowboy who finally captured her heart?

A Cowboy’s Touch is the first book in Denise Hunter’s A Big Sky Romance series, but definitely isn’t the first book I have ever read by her. I am a HUGE fan of Denise’s, and have been for quite some time, so I was excited to be able to continue reading more of her books. When I found I had some extra time to read whatever I wanted, I knew I absolutely had to read this series. So, I added it into my blog schedule, and next thing you know, I’m reading this book! And, just like I expected, this book was fantastic! I absolutely love Denise’s books, so I expected as much, but I definitely didn’t expect to love this one as much as I did!
Abigail Jones was not my favorite character throughout a decent amount of this book. Now, don’t get me wrong, I liked her when I was first introduced to her at the beginning of the story. It’s just that about midway through this novel, she makes a choice, a decision, that I am absolutely NOT okay with. The whole time, I was so scared she was going to ruin everything, so that’s why I just couldn’t love her the way I wanted to at first. I wanted to love her for who she was, and I do now, but it was just so difficult for me to get past the horrible mistakes she was making! But I guess it wouldn’t have made for such a great novel if she hadn’t made a few mistakes along the way!
Wade Ryan was definitely my favorite character in this novel. All through this book his struggle with the death of his wife is by far the most charming thing, and you cannot help but want everything to turn out well for him. As I made my way through the story, I couldn’t help but want to take all his pain away from him and help him to realize that he couldn’t always protect everyone, and that it wasn’t his job to. The more I got to know him, the more I loved him, for his sweetness and compassion and love for his daughter. Basically I loved everything about him, and that’s why it was so hard for me to love Abigail when everything was at stake.
All in all, I really, really loved this book, and I’m super excited to read the rest of the series! I think the ending was my favorite part, but I really loved it all. I can’t imagine not giving A Cowboy’s Touch all five bookshelves, especially since it’s now on my all-time favorites list. This book has definitely helped me to remember all the reasons why I love Denise’s writing, and I’m so glad I decided to read it!
Happy reading!

And now on to the linkup!


Features

First, I'm featuring this fantastic post that Casey from Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish wrote about modesty. I absolutely love the points she made, so I couldn't imagine not featuring this post.


Second, I'm featuring this wonderful post my younger sister Allie from Spreading My Joy wrote. She's very open and honest with her opinions on things that matter to her, so she's starting writing posts, such as this one about church, that share her opinions on serious matters, and I'm really proud of her for her honesty.


Rules

-Link back to Spreading His GraceBows and Clothes, or both

-Subscribe to both blogs and follow each of us on at least one social media

Mackenzie: Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Sarah: Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'


-This linkup has no theme so we encourage you to link any of your recent posts. Also note that we have the right to delete your link if it isn't appropriate. However, we are super excited to read about your passions and are so glad that you've decided to join us! 



To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Denise Hunter and Thomas Nelson Publishing.

8 comments:

  1. I'll definitely add this to my wish list. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for the review!

    Maria @ Gather
    http://maria-baer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I'm glad you enjoyed the review and that you found a new book to read!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a good book! I get frustrated sometimes when I don't like the main character or don't agree with her choices--but it sounds like she turned it around, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I agree, but she definitely turned it around so that made the book that much better!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for featuring me! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very interesting book. I love how you shared your journey of learning to love the character, Abigail. The author must have done a great job with this story. Thanks for sharing at #LMMLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. Thank you! And thanks for hosting the linkup!

      Delete