Thursday, June 30, 2016

April-June Round-Up

        It’s the end of another quarter! It’s been another three months full of reading and blogging and reviewing, and that means it’s time for a round-up post of all the books I’ve read in the last three months. I’ve always loved keeping track of all the books I read, so this is one of my favorite posts to write. It helps me to see all the things I’ve read, those I’ve loved and those that have fallen flat, and it’s so fun to look back on it all! So, here are the books I’ve read this past April, May, and June! Oh, and click on any of the colored titles in my descriptions to see my full reviews of each book!
 
Sister Dear
        Sister Dear was the first book I had ever read by Laura McNeill, but I have to say, I really enjoyed it and know I will probably read more of her books in the future!

Playing the Part
        Playing the Part is the third book in Jen Turano’s A Class of Their Own series, coming behind After a Fashion and In Good Company. I’m a huge fan of Jen’s, so it was guaranteed that I would enjoy this novel, but I have to say, I think it was my favorite of the series.

Hope Harbor
        Hope Harbor is the first book in Irene Hannon’s Hope Harbor series, and was also the first book I had ever read by her. I have to say, though, it definitely made me a lifelong fan of her writing!

 
The Magnolia Duchess
        The Magnolia Duchess is the third book in Beth White’s Gulf Coast Chronicles series, coming after The Pelican Bride and The Creole Princess. I can say with absolute certainty that, while I absolutely loved the entire series, this final installment was my favorite.

The Beautiful Pretender
        The Beautiful Pretender is Melanie Dickerson’s most recent Medieval Fairy Tale novel, and is a perfect example of how fantastic her writing is! It’s definitely one of my favorite books she’s written so far.

A Reluctant Duchess
        A Reluctant Duchess is the second book in Roseanna M. White’s Ladies of the Manor series, coming after The Lost Heiress. I have to be honest with you; Roseanna is one of my absolute favorite authors of all-time—in fact she wrote one of my favorite books of all-time—but she really blew me away with this novel. I can’t describe to you how amazing it was!

Love’s Rescue
        Love’s Rescue is the first book in Christine Johnson’s Keys of Promise series, and is also the first book I have ever read by her. Unfortunately, I didn’t really enjoy this novel all that much, but I’m still planning on giving Christine another chance!

 
Jaded
        Jaded is the first novel in Varina Denman’s Mended Hearts series, and is also the first book I’ve ever read by her, possibly because it was her debut novel. This book was absolutely amazing, and is the reason I’ve made it my goal to continue to read absolutely everything Varina will ever write.

Back in the Saddle
        Back in the Saddle is the first book in Ruth Logan Herne’s Double S Ranch series, and is also the first book I have ever read by her. I have to say, this wasn’t my favorite book I’ve read this quarter, but I did enjoy it, and I’m hoping to read more of Ruth’s books in the future!

The Bachelor Girl’s Guide to Murder
        The Bachelor Girl’s Guide to Murder is the first book in Rachel McMillan’s Herringford and Watts Mysteries series, and is also the first book I have ever read by her. This was another book that wasn’t my favorite of the quarter, but it was a cute little novel that I did enjoy.

 
The Forgotten Recipe
        This is one of the couple of books I had my sister take pictures of but then never ended up being able to read. The Forgotten Recipe is the first book in Amy Clipston’s Amish Heirloom series, and is a book I’m hoping I will actually get around to reading very, very soon.

The Butterfly and the Violin
        The Butterfly and the Violin is another book I never actually read. I was only able to get this book from my library that day I went and not A Sparrow in Terezin as well, which is the second book in Kristy Cambron’s Hidden Masterpieces series, so I decided to wait and read this novel when I could read the second book as well.

The Love Letters
        The Love Letters is one of Beverly Lewis’ most recent novels, and I had been dying to read it for quite some time, so I’m so glad I finally got around to it this quarter. It was just as good as I thought it would be, and I can’t wait to read more of Beverly’s new books.

A Dream of Miracles
        A Dream of Miracles is the third book in Ruth Reid’s Amish Wonders series, coming after A Miracle of Hope and A Woodland Miracle. I really loved the first book in the series, so I was really looking forward to this novel. It fell a little flat for me, but I did still enjoy it!

 
Her One and Only
        Her One and Only is the fourth book in Becky Wade’s Porter Family series, coming after Undeniably Yours, Meant to Be Mine, and A Love Like Ours. I’m a really big fan of Becky’s, so I was really looking forward to this book, and I have to say, I definitely wasn’t disappointed!

Someone Like You
        Someone Like You is Victoria Bylin’s most recent stand-alone novel, and I have to say, while I enjoyed Until I Found You just a little bit more, I did really love this book!

Song of Silence
        Song of Silence is Cynthia Ruchti’s most recent stand-alone novel, and is the book that solidified my love for her as a writer. Because of this book, I’ve added her to my favorite authors list, and I’d honestly read this book again today if I could!

The Photograph
        The Photograph is another one of Beverly Lewis’ recent stand-alone novels, but is one I didn’t enjoy as much as many of the other books I’ve read by her. I did like it though, so it definitely wasn’t my least favorite book this quarter.

 
A Daughter’s Dream
        A Daughter’s Dream is the second book in Shelley Shepard Gray’s The Charmed Amish Life series, coming after A Son’s Vow. I didn’t really enjoy the first book all that much, but I have to say, this story was definitely better!

Unlocked
        Unlocked is one of Karen Kingsbury’s older novels that I have actually read at least four or five times, counting the time I just recently read it again this quarter because I just can’t get enough of it. I absolutely love this book, so it’s definitely one of my favorites from this quarter!

 
Justified
        Justified is the second book in Varina Denman’s Mended Hearts series, coming after Jaded. I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of Varina’s, so I knew I would enjoy this book, but I have to say I never thought I would love it as much as I did! Definitely one of the top three books I read this quarter!

Jilted
        Jilted is the third book in Varina Denman’s Mended Hearts series, coming after Jaded and Justified. I have to say, I think this was my favorite book of all three in the series, so it’s definitely one of my top three from this quarter!

 
The Ringmaster’s Wife
        The Ringmaster’s Wife is the first book in Kristy Cambron’s Jazz Age Entertainers series, and is also the first book I’ve ever read by her. What I will say, though, is that this book has made me a BIG fan of Kristy’s. Because I really loved this book.

A Woman of Fortune
        A Woman of Fortune is the first book in Kellie Coates Gilbert’s Texas Gold series, and is also the first book I have ever read by her. I really enjoyed this book, though, so I’ll definitely be reading more by her in the future!

 
Anchor in the Storm
        Anchor in the Storm is the second book in Sarah Sundin’s Waves of Freedom series, and is another book I really, really loved this quarter. It was such a good story, and I can’t wait to read more in the series!

Dawn at Emberwilde
        Dawn at Emberwilde is the second book in Sarah E. Ladd’s Treasures of Surrey series, coming after The Curiosity Keeper. I really, really enjoyed this book, so I would definitely say that it’s one of my favorites this quarter as well!

Brush of Wings
        Brush of Wings is the third book in Karen Kingsbury’s Angels Walking series, coming after Angels Walking and Chasing Sunsets. I really enjoyed this book, and it was definitely a good conclusion to this series!

        Those are all the books I’ve read this quarter! I can’t wait to see what all I will read in the next three months!
        Happy reading!

        Oh, and keep an eye out for my new linkup! It will be coming soon to a Monday near you!



To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment