Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Time for TV!


Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about TV! It’s an open-ended theme, just so long as your topic has something to do with television, so I’m writing my post about book series I wish were also TV series! I could list so many books or series that I wish were either shows or movies, but I’ve somehow managed to narrow my list down to just ten series. Also, I would have added the all of the Baxter Family series but they’re already being turned into a TV show, and I’m so excited!! Anyway, I figured since that one’s already in the works I would mention some that aren’t but should be.


Chapel Springs series by Denise Hunter


The Chapel Springs series is my favorite of Denise’s, possibly because the second book is by far one of my favorite novels of all-time. Each book focusing on one of four siblings, Barefoot Summer, Dancing with Fireflies, The Wishing Season, and Married ‘til Monday chronicle the life of the McKinley family and all of the crazy, difficult things they experience. I think it would make a perfect TV show because there’s always plenty going on!

Christiansen Family series by Susan May Warren

 

Another series that features a family, the Christiansen Family series would also be a perfect TV series because there are even more siblings to love—six in all. Take a Chance on Me, It Had to Be You, When I Fall in Love, Always on My Mind, The Wonder of You, and You’re the One That I Want tell all about the difficult situations these siblings face, and make it clear there would be plenty of drama that could be featured on a show.

Hawthorne House series by Kristi Ann Hunter


I feel like this has become a recurring theme in the series I’ve listed, but Hawthorne House is another series that focuses on siblings, this one being the four Hawthornes. The series isn’t actually finished yet; only two books are out and then the third one will release next year (and that’s all the information I have about it) but I know that once it is finished it would make for a fantastic TV show. A Noble Masquerade, An Elegant Façade, and the description of An Uncommon Courtship make that very clear!

Ladies of the Manor series by Roseanna M. White


This is another series that isn’t quite finished yet, but it will be soon! I’ve already read both The Lost Heiress and The Reluctant Duchess, but I haven’t been able to read A Lady Unrivaled yet since it doesn’t come out until next week! However, I know I’ll absolutely love it, and I think this would make for a fantastic historical TV show as it has the perfect mix of romance and intrigue!

Mended Hearts series by Varina Denman


The Mended Hearts series—Jaded, Justified, and Jilted—is another series that would be a perfect TV show! There is always so much going on, and the books are just absolutely fantastic, so I know I would not be able to miss a single minute of a show if it was made of these novels.

Porter Family series by Becky Wade


The Porter Family series is another one that focuses on a group of siblings, this one being about three brothers and their baby sister. Undeniably Yours, Meant to Be Mine, A Love Like Ours, and Her One and Only are four FANTASTIC books that I would love to see turned into a TV show! There’s plenty of drama and unexpected events to keep you captivated, along with the perfect amount of romance.

Postcards from Pullman series by Judith Miller


Postcards from Pullman is another historical series I think would make a wonderful TV show, partially because so much happens throughout these three books!!! In the Company of Secrets, Whispers Along the Rails, and An Uncertain Dream all focus on Olivia Mott and her adventures as she becomes employed in the town where the Pullman Cars are manufactured.

Royal Weddings series by Rachel Hauck


This is another series that isn’t quite finished yet, but I couldn’t imagine not adding it to this list. A series that focuses on a few princes and princesses, and their adventures when it comes to finding love, Royal Weddings is by far one of my favorite series of all time. Once Upon a Prince, Princess Ever After, and How to Catch a Prince are three of my most favorite books, and I know once A Royal Christmas Wedding comes out next month, I will be saying the same thing about it as well.

Song of Acadia series by Janette Oke


And, here’s another historical series for you. But this one has so, so much going on throughout all five books that I don’t think there would be any trouble making it a drama-filled TV show. The Meeting Place, The Sacred Shore, The Birthright, The Distant Beacon, and The Beloved Land are wonderful stories that focus on an almost unbelievable occurrence that changes the life of two baby girls born in places so close geographically, but in reality are worlds apart.

Walker Family series by Melissa Tagg


Lastly, I have another series that isn’t actually finished yet either, but is a series I am a big fan of. And, like so many of the ones I have listed, this one is also about a group of siblings. So far, I’ve only read the first two books, and the third one comes out this month, but I know all four books about the Walker Family will be absolutely fantastic. From the Start, Like Never Before, and Keep Holding On are proof enough that this would be a fantastic show that I know I would love to watch.

Those are my top ten series that should be TV shows! What about you? What are some books you would love to see on TV?
Happy Tuesday and happy reading!



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
To see where I’m linking up check out my Where I Party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment