Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set in a Different Country

Happy Tuesday! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is fairly similar to last weeks, for me anyway. What I mean by that is, just like last week, the chosen topic isn’t one that I really feel like I can talk about. The actual topic for today is all about our favorite book blogs and websites, but I don’t really spend as much time on blogs and such as I would like, so I don’t have a list of ten, or even six honestly. Because of that, I decided that once again I will do a throwback post, since I missed so many earlier in the year. So today I’m talking all about books that I’ve read that are set in a different country!


For Such a Time by Kate Breslin
For Such a Time is a stand-alone novel that is set in Poland.


High as the Heavens by Kate Breslin
High as the Heavens is a stand-alone novel set in Belgium.


Healer of Carthage by Lynne Gentry
Healer of Carthage is the first book in Lynne’s Carthage Chronicles series and is set in Carthage, or modern day Tunisia.


Hurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildreth Jones
Hurricanes in Paradise is a stand-alone novel set in the Bahamas.


A Lady at Willowgrove Hall by Sarah E. Ladd
A Lady at Willowgrove Hall is the third book in Sarah’s Whispers on the Moors series and is set in England.


Child of the Mist by Kathleen Morgan
Child of the Mist is the first book in Kathleen’s Highland Hills series and is set in Scotland.


The Centurion’s Wife by Janette Oke
The Centurion’s Wife is the first book in Janette’s Acts of Faith series and is set in Palestine.


When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke
When Calls the Heart is the first book in Janette’s Canadian West series and is set in Canada.


A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
A Portrait of Emily Price is a stand-alone novel and the majority of it is set in Italy.


The Crimson Cord by Jill Eileen Smith
The Crimson Cord is the first book in Jill’s Daughters of the Promised Land series and is set in Jericho.

Those are my top ten books set in a different country! What about you? What are some books you’ve loved that were set in a different country?
Happy reading!



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

To see my full review of any of these novels, just click on the coral-colored titles.

6 comments:

  1. All of the covers for these books are beautiful. I'm glad you liked them so much.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any of this books and yes, many of the covers look fabulous!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-book.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well you should definitely check them out then!

      Delete
  3. I read a lot of books set in the US, UK, and Europe. I need to branch out. I’m missing most of the world.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! There are so many other great books set all over the world!

      Delete