Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Moment of Honesty


Happy Thursday! Over the past few weeks, my Thursday posts have become a place for me to really get on my “soap box” and talk about the issues that have been on my mind and heart. I tend to be a very passionate person, and I often have an opinion about many of the issues I come into contact with from day to day, so I have really enjoyed being able to share those with you, and hopefully inspire you to really look at them differently. And for the time being, I will continue to do that whenever I have something to say. Hopefully you—my lovely readers—enjoy reading those kinds of posts.
 
(I chose this picture because it's seriously tranquil and I could use some 
tranquility right about now)
 
However, today, I’m just going to be honest with you. I have nothing to say about any particular topic right now. It is after 9:30 Wednesday night, and I still haven’t gotten this post done because life has just been turning me upside down lately. For some reason, the last few days, I have felt completely burnt out when it comes to my writing. I just haven’t felt like writing at all, and what’s more, I haven’t felt like I have anything to say. Normally, I’ll have writing ideas, blog post ideas, stories, book ideas, dialogue, plotlines, etc. running through my head at any given moment, but I haven’t at all lately. And that really upsets me.

There has just been so much going on, and at the same time nothing going on, and I think I’ve just gotten swept up by it all. I’ve been out of a routine for so long, I’ve been going and going and going and then doing absolutely nothing and being lonely and bored out of my mind, and I think it’s just messed with my system. Do you ever feel like that? Like everything is out of whack and you don’t feel like yourself? Because that’s pretty much where I am right now.

So I guess I don’t really have some great advice or a long post about an issue I feel passionately about, I just have this. Honesty. I feel like everything is descending on me all at once and I don’t really know what to do with myself. But I know God is faithful. So I’m praying that He will see me through to the end of this season, because I know I can’t do it without Him. And that’s really what faith is. Trusting that He’ll see you through whatever life brings you. I pray that you are able to trust Him, and that He helps you through whatever you’re going through.

May God bless you and keep you,

Mackenzie Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment