Friday, December 4, 2015

Whenever You Come Around by Robin Lee Hatcher

Will writing a romance help this author find a real-life hero?
        Charity Anderson turned her back on Kings Meadow years ago, with good reason, and has avoided visits to her hometown whenever possible. But with her house in Boise damaged by floodwaters and a book deadline bearing down, staying in her parents’ empty home seems her only option. However, being in Kings Meadow dredges up a painful secret, and old fears threaten to overwhelm her.
        Charity’s former high school classmate Buck Malone never left town, instead sacrificing his dreams to take care of his family. Now he enjoys an uncomplicated life as a wilderness guide and confirmed bachelor. The last thing on his mind is settling down.
        When Charity’s dog causes an accident that leaves Buck with a broken ankle and wrist at the start of prime tourist season, Charity has little choice but to render aid while he recuperates. Soon Buck becomes the inspiration for Charity’s hero, both on the page and off. Can he also help her face and overcome her fears so they might find their own happily ever after?


        Whenever You Come Around is the second book in Robin Lee Hatcher’s Kings Meadow Romance series, coming after Love Without End. I really enjoyed the first book in the series, so I was excited to continue on with this one, but I didn’t expect that I would love it as much as I did. This story was so heartwarming and sweet, I absolutely had to put it on my all-time favorite’s list. The ending was my absolute favorite part, even though I wish the story could have gone on even longer, because it was so, so sweet I couldn’t even handle it.
        Charity Anderson is such an intriguing and lovable character! Something I really love about her story is the way that Robin left me guessing about what really happened in her past up until I was about halfway through the book. That really kept me interested, if I wasn’t before, and it gave me time to really get to know her and what made her tick without knowing the whole story, and I felt like that gave me an insight to what Buck was feeling as he got to know her. Since Charity went through so much in her lifetime, partially because of what really happened and partially because of the way she hung on to it and beat herself up about it, I felt so much compassion for her throughout the course of this book, and I really cheered with her every time she made progress in her journey to healing. Because I’m a writer myself, to an extent, I loved watching Charity in her writing journey, and my favorite thing of all was her relationship, or lack of a relationship at the beginning at least, with Buck.
        Buck Malone really is one of the sweetest guys! The way he put his own dreams aside to take care of his father and help his family was so admirable, and it really shaped him into the kind, caring character we meet at the beginning of this book. Even though he is the one hurt in the first few chapters, the main view you see of him is his caring attitude towards Charity, the way he sees her pain and wants to do something about it, even before he allows himself to care for her. Once he does though, you won’t be able to keep yourself from falling in love with him, or from wondering why guys like him don’t really exist.
        All in all, this really was such a great book. The characters, the lessons they learned, the storyline, all of it combined to make this the perfect story that easily earned all five bookshelves. I am completely serious when I tell you: go read this book!!! I would recommend reading Love Without End first, just because the characters from that story are mentioned a few times in this one, but still, go read it. And look out for my mention of the third book, which is coming out soon!
        Happy reading!!!


To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Robin Lee Hatcher and Thomas Nelson Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment