Saturday, November 14, 2015

Love Without End by Robin Lee Hatcher

For two single parents with bruised hearts, it’ll take more than a little courage to get back on the horse when it comes to love.
        Kimberly Welch lost her husband to a heart attack in the blink of an eye. But she’s losing her daughter slowly, in the day-to-day tension. In three difficult years, Kimberly has gone from Seattle socialite to Kings Meadow charity case, and her daughter is not responding well to the changes. She’s becoming a sullen, cantankerous teen.
        Chet Leonard lost his teenage son in a car accident. Then his wife abandoned him and their two remaining boys. He tries to keep his mind on the family ranch, but if the last two years have taught him anything, it’s that sometimes you just have to let the memories hurt. Let the memories hurt, and leave well enough alone.
        But when Chet volunteers to help tame Kimberly’s daughter’s horse, everyone gets more than they bargained for…especially when eighty-four-year-old Anna McKenna shows up.
        Nana Anna has reappeared in Kings Meadow after decades away, bringing with her the magnetism and transformative joy that come from a life well lived…just the kind of magic that a couple of unlucky-in-love single parents need to conjure up a little courage and raise a new family from the ashes of tragedy.


        Love Without End is the first book in Robin Lee Hatcher’s Kings Meadow Romance series, and is the first book I’ve ever read by her. I’ve been looking forward to finally having a chance to read one of her novels, and I’m so glad I got to start off with this one. Love Without End is such a sweet, captivating story that I really enjoyed, and I am looking forward to reading more of Robin’s novels.
        Kimberly is such a relatable character! She was burned in her past (haven’t we all) and it leaves her afraid to really live life again. But I’ve got to give her praise for the way she fights to give her daughter what she deserves. Even though she just wants to be back on safe ground, Kimberly tries her hardest to provide for Tara, and that is one of the things I admire about her. I also just really love the way she and Chet interact. I wish I could tell you exactly what about their relationship I like, but since I don’t want to spoil it, I’ll just say that the ending is my favorite part. Because it’s wonderful. Did I mention that Chet is as well? A sweet, still hurting but wonderful single father, Chet deserves so much praise for all that he does for his family and how he fights to get over what his ex-wife did to him. Both he and Kimberly really come back from some serious emotional pain, and I really admire that quality in them.
        I cannot go on with this review without first mentioning Nana Anna for a little bit. Anna is such a great character, the spry, grandmotherly woman she is, but also the young, hurting woman she was. I love how Robin throws Anna’s past into the mix by adding in various chapters that really gave me insight into who Anna was and how that made her who she is. Her story added to the overall plot of this book, and I am so glad that Robin wrote it in this way.
        Overall, I have to give this book all five bookshelves. It was such a sweet story that really dealt with some serious issues, in a mostly lighthearted way, and I enjoyed every bit of it, especially all the parts about the horses. I would highly recommend this novel, and I can’t wait to finish reading the rest of the series!
        Happy reading!



All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Robin Lee Hatcher and Thomas Nelson Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment