Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Could I Read That Again?

        Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about the top ten best books I read in 2015, or in my opinion, the top ten books I read this year that I would DEFINITELY read again. Since I know that it would be EXTREMELY difficult for me to slim this list down to only ten novels, I decided to pick three from each of my two quarterly round-up posts (see the links posted below) and the list I’m working on for the October-December round-up post, as well as one from the three months at the beginning of the year I didn’t round-up. But I may add all the other books I wanted to put on this list at the end, just to show how many wonderful books I had the chance to read this year. So without further ado, here are the top ten best books I’ve read this year!

To see my reviews of each book, click on the colored titles in each description.

1. The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen

 
        The Secret of Pembrooke Park is one of my favorite books that Julie has ever written…so far that is. The mystery is so intriguing, the characters are so lovable, and the romance is so sweet, which makes this a novel I would easily read again and again. Julie is one of my favorite authors, so I picked this book up—my own copy of course—as soon as I could, which was early this spring. Or more like March. Which is pretty much spring half the time when you live in the south. Anyway, I still fondly remember reading this novel, and I cannot wait until I can read it again!

2. Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter

 
        Dancing with Fireflies is seriously one of my favorite books of all time! This was the book that got me hooked on Denise’s writing, and I am so glad that I spontaneously bought it one day when I was perusing through a bookstore! Jade and Daniel have the cutest relationship EVER, and this story is just so fascinating and touching; I’m so serious, it made me cry. Although, if I’m honest with you that isn’t really difficult to do, but it does mean something, especially if I remember it. It was really a no-brainer for me to add Dancing with Fireflies to this list, because I am pretty sure I’d be surprised if I don’t re-read it at least once a year.

3. When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren

 
        When I Fall in Love may be the third book in Susan May Warren’s Christiansen Family series (it comes after Take a Chance on Me and It Had to Be You), but it is my absolute favorite book in the series, so far that is. I still have yet to read The Wonder of You, and the final book is coming out in February. Either way, though, I am pretty sure that this will remain my favorite book in the series, and possibly even my favorite book by Susan. Grace and Max have such a great story, a sweet relationship, and literally the cutest way of interacting, and I just couldn’t help myself. I fell for them, for this story, and it was convenient that I was on summer vacation, because I couldn’t put it down. Susan really did that wonderful of a job.

4. After a Fashion by Jen Turano

 
        After a Fashion is a novel I knew I would really love the second I heard about it, and I wasn’t disappointed. I had read a few of Jen’s books before, and they were FABULOUS, just like this one! I read it all in one day. Without stopping. I wasn’t feeling well, so I got to lay in the bed all day, so I just read and read until there weren’t any pages left anymore. Then I immediately regretted it because I wanted the story to last longer. Harriet and Oliver have one of the best relationships in my opinion, especially since they each have the best retorts for one another, and I really love that. All in all, I am positive this is a novel I will be reading again and again.

5. How to Catch a Prince by Rachel Hauck

 
        How to Catch a Prince is by far the best book I have read by Rachel to date. I really enjoyed both of the previous novels in her Royal Weddings series, so when I heard that she was writing another installment, I was elated. It took me a while to finally be able to read it, but once I picked it up, I fell in love. This is the most perfect story I have ever read (okay, maybe not ever, but it’s definitely one of the top twenty). Corina and Stephen are one of the most perfect couples I have ever heard of, and their story is both unique and fascinating, which makes this a novel I know I will be reading again and again.

6. The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

 
        The Captive Maiden is one of my favorite books I have ever read, not just one of my favorites of the year. Gisela and Valten…oh my goodness I think I might swoon. I could not have imagined a better love story, much less one that is the perfect spin-off of Cinderella. I melted my way through this book, the one day it took me to read it that is, and I already cannot wait to read it again…and again…and again. I am SO glad I own a copy of this book.

7. The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White

 
        The Lost Heiress is my second favorite book by Roseanna. Nothing will ever top Whispers from the Shadows, but The Lost Heiress comes really, really close. Brook and Justin have such a great relationship, Justin is just one of the sweetest men, and the mystery and storyline work perfectly together. One of my best friends and I happened to each start this novel at about the same time, and we ended up gushing over each and every wonderful part together. This is definitely one of the best books I read this year.

8. Whenever You Come Around by Robin Lee Hatcher

 
        Whenever You Come Around may be the second book in Robin’s King’s Meadow Romance series, but it is the first book on my ranking scale. It was sooooooo good, and I’m still melting over it even now. Buck and Charity have the perfect story, and that made this one of the best novels I’ve read this year. It is a sweet, unique, lovable story, and I know I cannot wait to read it again!

9. Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund

 
        Hearts Made Whole is also the second book in its series, and is also my favorite of the two. Although I really enjoyed Love Unexpected, I practically MELTED my way through Caroline and Ryan’s story. It is so sweet, and the resolution of the mystery so unexpected, that I just couldn’t help but fall in love with it. It easily made this list, and I know I will definitely be reading it again and again in the future. I just finished Hearts Made Whole a few days ago, so look out for my review coming soon!

10. Whispers in the Reading Room by Shelley Gray

 
        Oh my goodness. I cannot even describe to you how much I loved Whispers in the Reading Room. There isn’t enough space here to gush about it as I almost cannot help doing, but I will be posting my review tomorrow, so I’ll save all the gushing for then. Suffice it to say, Sebastian is THE best hero I have ever encountered. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I won’t take it back. He is such a great character, as is Lydia, and their story is one I know I will never forget. I am eagerly anticipating reading it again and again.

        Well, those are the top ten best novels I’ve read this past year. A few others that only missed making this list because I tried to stick to ten are When Love Calls by Lorna Seilstad, Chasing Sunsets by Karen Kingsbury, With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin, Married ‘til Monday, Sweetwater Gap, and Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter, A Most Inconvenient Marriage by Regina Jennings, A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer, Not by Sight by Kate Breslin, A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter, The Midwife’s Tale by Delia Parr, An Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti, A Thousand Shall Fall by Andrea Boeshaar, Joline’s Redemption by Vickie McDonough, and Petticoat Detective by Margaret Brownley. Clearly I was able to read a TON of great books this year. How about you? What are some of your favorite books from 2015?
        Happy Tuesday!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.


All credit for the beautiful scenery-background photos goes to my sister Allie, whose blog you can visit here.

2 comments:

  1. I need to read a lot of these as I will be taking a break from blogging in January and should pick up a book for once haha! Thanks for sharing your top ten.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope you get to read lots from your to-read list! Thanks for hosting the linkup!!!

      Delete