Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Bookshelf: A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauck

It’s been five years since Avery Truitt and Prince Colin of Brighton Kingdom fell in love. But he broke her heart with no explanation.
Fast forward to present day, and Colin is Brighton’s most eligible bachelor now that Cousin Stephen has married. When Avery’s father dies of a heart attack, she puts her life on hold and returns home to St. Simon’s Island, Georgia, to help Mama with the family restaurant. But Mama misses Avery’s sister Susanna, who lives four thousand miles away in Brighton Kingdom—and is expecting her first child. So Mama insists she and Avery spend the Christmas season in Brighton.
Colin and Avery are going to see each other a lot while she’s visiting. But she can’t forget the way he hurt her, and he didn’t expect his feelings to still be so strong.
Avery is torn between considering a future in Brighton and taking a coaching job in Georgia, and Colin is finally pushed to pursue what he really wants. Is it too late to convince Avery that she is his true love? And even if he does, will she make it to the chapel on Christmas Day to give him her heart?

 

A Royal Christmas Wedding is the fourth book in Rachel Hauck’s Royal Weddings series, coming after Once Upon a Prince, Princess Ever After, and How to Catch a Prince. I am a huge fan of Rachel’s, and have absolutely LOVED all of the previous books in this series, so I was super excited when I found out she was working on a book that told Avery’s story. I had been hoping for a long time that she would continue writing books set in Brighton Kingdom, and I was not disappointed with this one, although I wish it could have been longer!
Avery Truitt is definitely one of my favorite characters from this series. She’s sweet, and enthusiastic, and just all around fun, and I couldn’t help but love her, so much that I hated it for her when I read about the injury that finished her volleyball career. But, that was just a bump in the road to God’s ultimate plan for her life, and I’m extremely glad she didn’t let it sideline her too much. Instead, she just picked herself up and decided to become a coach, and although that itself wasn’t what brought her back to Colin, I still think it was a good decision in the end. Anyway, I couldn’t help but feel for her as she struggled through her still-strong-after-all-these-years feelings for Colin, but I have to say, I was rooting for them to get back together all along.
Prince Colin is by far one of my favorite of the Brighton princes. He is sweet, and thoughtful, and just all around wonderful. He is also super respectful of his father, which I just think is the cutest thing, and I just loved getting to find out all about the little ways he stayed connected to Avery even though she thought he didn’t. I loved getting to know him and watch him learn to fight for Avery, and their relationship became one of the sweetest things I had ever witnessed.
All in all, I really loved this book, and am happy to give it both all five bookshelves and a place on my all-time favorites list. It is such a sweet story, and I may have even been in tears a bit at the end, so I can’t help but believe that this is another one of Rachel’s most fantastic novels. She always does a wonderful job, and all four of the books in this series are no exception, so I highly recommend them!
Happy reading.



To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.


All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Rachel Hauck and Zondervan Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment