Thursday, February 5, 2015

14 Days of Love: Day Five


            Its day five!!! Today, the thing I love is one of my favorite hobbies. Painting! I absolutely love to paint, and I find it very relaxing. I think flowers are my favorite thing to paint, but I also love to paint Bible related scenes, like this one. 


 
            I do like to paint them how I see them, however, not necessarily how they actually were. My artistic license, if you will. Anyway, I love to paint because it is a great way for me to sit, relax, and be creative. I really enjoy bringing something to life on canvass, and my favorite thing about painting is that I don’t have to keep my artwork to myself. I give away far more paintings than I keep; in fact, I even painted a picture for each of my aunts, uncles, and cousins for Christmas this year.
            I am very picky about my painting tools, but then, I’m picky about everything. I have a certain type of canvass I prefer, a set of paintbrushes that I cannot do without, and I’m even picky about what paint I use. I’m not as bad about the paint, however, as I like a couple of different kinds. But, so far, they are always acrylics.

            I’m still learning how to be a better painter every day, but I hope you like the artwork I have finished now! Below are some of the paintings I gave my family for Christmas. Also, don’t forget to check out Sarah and Allie's blogs! They may not be big painters, but I’m sure whatever they did post about is not only something they love (obviously), but is interesting as well.

 

1 comment: