Wednesday, February 4, 2015

14 Days of Love: Day Four


He said, “I’ve been where you’ve been before.

Down every hallway’s a slamming door.

No way out, no one to come and save me.

Wasting the life that the Good Lord gave me
 

Then somebody said what I’m saying to you,

Opened my eyes and told me the truth.”

They said, “Just a little faith it’s all get better.”

So I followed that preacher man down to the river and now I’m changed

And now I’m stronger
 

There must’ve been something in the water

Oh, there must’ve been something in the water
 

Well, I heard what he said and I went on my way

Didn’t think about it for a couple of days

Then it hit me like lightning late one night

I was all out of hope and all out of fight
 

Couldn’t fight back the tears so I fell on my knees

Saying, “God, if you’re there come and rescue me.”

Felt love pouring down from above

Got washed in the water, washed in the blood and now I’m changed

And now I’m stronger
 

There must be something in the water

Oh, there must be something in the water
 

And now I’m singing along to amazing grace

Can’t nobody wipe this smile off my face

Got joy in my heart, angels on my said

Thank God Almighty, I way the light

Gonna look ahead, no turning back

Live every day, give it all that I have

Trust in someone bigger than me

Ever since the day that I believed I am changed

And now I’m stronger
 

There must be something in the water (amazing grace)

Oh, there must be something in the water (how sweet the sound)

Oh, there must be something in the water (that saved a wretch)

Oh, there must be something in the water (like me)
 

I am changed (I once was lost)

Stronger (but now I’m found)

(was blind but now I see)
 

                If you cannot tell by now, these are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. In case you haven’t heard it, it is called Something in the Water and it is by Carrie Underwood. I cannot get enough of it. Not only is the music of the song wonderful, the lyrics are perfect. Go ahead, skim them again. Don’t they just bless you? “I am changed. Stronger.” Can’t we all say that God has done that for us? He turns us into new creatures, and then He strengthens us for what that ‘new life’ with Him entails. And I just love how Carrie slipped Amazing Grace in the end like that. She really does have a gift.

                I think the main reason I love this song is because it is so true. There really is “something in the water”, as I can testify. Although God changed me, not the water, He made the water, and He obviously thought baptism was a big part of the process or He wouldn’t have commanded us to do it. All I’m trying to say is, God saved me all those years ago and sent me to the water where I came up healed, and He can do that for you too, if He hasn’t already. That is what Something in the Water means to me. What does it mean to you?

                Check out Sarah and Allie's day four!
 
All credit for the above photo and lyrics go to Carrie Underwood and her producers. No copyright intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment