Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Currently—July

Happy July! This is another linkup post that I haven’t done in quite some time, but I am so excited to be back to writing Currently posts once again! I’ve been up to so many things lately, but for today I’ll just keep it to the recommended topics. This month I am currently…
 

Celebrating…quite a few different things actually. The first would be what everyone expects, the 4th of July! I’ve already been to a Celebration Service at a church in Columbia earlier this week, and on the special day tomorrow, I will be celebrating with family and friends throughout the day, and finishing it off with a Fireflies game and fireworks at the end.
Throughout the course of this month, I’m also celebrating a few birthdays, and an anniversary (though not a big one). One of my sweet cousins is turning ten this month, and I am so happy I will get to celebrate with her! I can still remember when she was born like it was yesterday, so this birthday of hers is making me feel very old. Not only that, but one of my boyfriend’s sisters also has a birthday this month, and she has already informed me that I am most definitely invited to her 7th birthday party, so I am looking forward to celebrating with her as well. And speaking of my boyfriend, we had our 7 month anniversary earlier this week, which isn’t necessarily a big anniversary, but I enjoy celebrating with him all the same.

Visiting…nowhere. Well, not yet anyway, though I do have some plans in the works! I know I will be going on a beach trip at the end of the month, as I am helping the youth pastor at my church take our youth group on a day trip to Charleston, but I am also hoping to take a beach trip for myself at some point in the month, and I have been talking of taking a trip up to Greenville for the day for forever, so hopefully I can make time to do that this month as well.

Baking…also nothing. Yet. I really love baking, so I am hoping to do some at some point this month, though I’m not totally sure what I am going to make yet. Probably cupcakes. Or cookies. Those are my favorite things to make. I did bake some cupcakes last month, however! And they were delicious. I made just your typical yellow cake recipe—though I did make it gluten free—but I split it in half so that I could make two different types of cupcakes without having to make two different batches. I added cut up Reese’s to one half of the batter, and then later topped those with peanut butter icing, and I added balls of cookie dough to the other half and iced those with chocolate icing. I love making all kinds of fun flavors that aren’t just your basic cupcakes so I really enjoyed making those.

Wearing…well, mainly shorts. Here in South Carolina, it is SOOOO hot. Every day. Especially if the humidity is really high (isn’t it always?) and it’s just rained, it’s like a sauna. So I am constantly wearing shorts and t-shirts or tank tops. Plus, I tend to wear the same old trusty, comfortable, shirts time and again because I love them, so there’s not been all that much variety.

Loving…summer. I’m so glad that it’s summer. While I have had to work this summer, and I am in the middle of an internship at the moment, my summer has been a lot more restful than I expected, especially lately since my work has been closed for the week. I’ve had time to just rest and enjoy it, and spend time with my family and with my boyfriend and his family, and I have been loving the quality time I am getting to spend with those I love.

That’s what I’m currently up to this July! What about you? How are you spending your summer?
Happy July!




Currently is a linkup hosted by Anne in Residence.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment