It’s Friday! You know how some weeks it seems to take forever to get to the weekend? Well, this was one of those weeks. But it’s finally here now, and I’m gonna celebrate! Though I have to say, this week hasn’t been all bad…
1. I’m setting up for my first ever giveaway!!! I’m so excited I can barely stand it! I’m not a hundred percent sure what day it will start, but it will most likely be September 7th through the 14th (both are Mondays, by the way). Unfortunately that seems like an eternity away, but that’s because the book I’m giving away doesn’t even come out in stores until the 1st, and the copy I’ve already ordered to give away won’t get to me until the 3rd. Plus, that will give me some time to actually read my copy so I can tell you how wonderful it is so that you’ll want to win the giveaway even more. What book is it, you ask? Just the one book I have been looking forward to the most ever since I first heard of it. It’s called The Chase: Trusting God with Your Happily Ever After and it is by Christian Recording Artist Kyle Kupecky and his wife Kelsey, who is also the daughter of New York Times Bestselling Author Karen Kingsbury. Here’s the description:
Only God could have written a love story as beautiful as Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky’s. from their teenage days thousands of miles apart when they separately wrote letters to their future spouses, to a chance meeting backstage at a concert, their story brings hope and inspiration to every girl.
It’s easy to get impatient for the future to play out, especially when it comes to love. Before long you find yourself chasing the perfect guy and trying to write your own happily ever after. But the truth is, your best future won’t be found chasing boys—it’ll only come by first chasing God.
In The Chase, Kyle and Kelsey take turns telling their story, with Kelsey sharing secrets to a godly relationship and Kyle revealing the truth about what guys really think. Together they’ll show you how to put God first, protect your heart, deal with the loneliness and peer pressure that come along with purity, and see yourself as God does.
Are you ready to trust God with your very own happily ever after? Let the chase begin!
Doesn’t that sound amazing! I’m absolutely dying to read it. Anyway, keep an eye out for my giveaway; I’ll be posting more details soon!
2. This week I have to give God a huge, huge thank you for the blessings he has given me. The main reason I say this as one of my highlights is because of the people God has placed in my life, and how much they mean to me. You see, I’m going to be moving (not far, just residences) next week, and an absolutely amazing couple who goes to my church—and are also more like family to me than anything else—have been going above and beyond trying to help make this move as easy as possible. Last Sunday, they had mentioned something about helping me out, but I had been quick to assure them that, while that meant the world to me, I didn’t want them to have to go out of their way and that they didn’t have to do that.
Well, they knew they didn’t have to, but they wanted to, so on Wednesday they brought it up again, and they—along with my best friend—had me sit down and write out everything else I needed before move-in day so they could help me pick it up. I cannot tell you how blessed I felt as I sat there among some of the people I love the most as they tried to help me by reminding me of things I might need that I hadn’t thought of, and then offering to purchase it for me. I have never been so thankful for the way God gives you exactly the blessing you desired, right when you needed it most. And I’m not talking about the act of helping as much as how loved I felt by their offer. Even if they never actually did a single thing to help, just the way they offered and the way they showed how much they loved me meant more than they will ever know.
3. More nail designs! The middle nail on that hand is a little messed up, but that’s okay (I’m not very patient when waiting for them to dry). Unfortunately I have to say this isn’t my favorite design, but I do like it nonetheless. And I am positive that I will be doing stripes again—I really want to try chevron by I’m not sure if I’m brave enough yet. Speaking of nail designs…
4. I’m working on my very first nail tutorials! Isn’t that exciting? While they aren’t going to be videos (I know I’m not brave enough for that just yet), they will be step by step instructions with quite a few pictures to lead you through! I’m thinking I will have at least one design every 1st and 3rd Monday, although I’m not entirely sure just yet. We’ll see, but either way, I will have some tutorials soon! Since I’m moving, it might not be until next month, but rest assured, they are coming!
5. Last but not least, I just read The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson. I know I always talk about books, but I really couldn’t help it this time. The Captive Maiden was absolutely amazing! I read it all yesterday, and I loved every bit of it. I have never, ever melted into a little puddle as many times as I did reading this novel. It was by far one of the sweetest books I have ever read, and the suspense just about killed me! I cannot wait to review this book, but I’m waiting until Tuesday since I own this one and want to post it as a part of my regular “My Bookshelf” posts I always do on Tuesdays. So, look out for that review, because I will have a lot more gushing—and swooning—over this book to do!
All credit for the photo of The Captive Maiden goes to my sister Allie. Check out her blog here.
All credit for the italicized synopsis of The Chase goes to Kyle & Kelsey Kupecky and Revell Publishing.