Tuesday, January 8, 2019

More About Recommended Reads


Hello friends!
As those of you who read my post from last week know, I announced that I am going to be relaunching my blog on another site and will begin selling my very own subscription box! (You can find the post I’m referring to here.) However, in that post, I announced that everything would be rolling out on a Tuesday, which would be today actually, but unfortunately that is not the case. Technology is super complicated, and for some reason it decided to hate me yesterday, and that bumped my relaunch back a bit. I’ve been having some issues with really complicated technical aspects to having a website, but we are getting it all figured out! So that’s great at least. I’m hoping to still relaunch before the end of this week, and as soon as everything is ready I will share it here and on all of my social media so that you know for sure, but I just have to wait and see how long it takes the powers that be to recognize all of the changes that I have made. So, for now, I’m going to share a little bit more about my subscription boxes!
My company is called Recommended Reads, or Recommended Reads Box, and as of right now we have six different box options to choose from, like I mentioned in my other post. We have The Original Recommended Reads Box, which is a box that simply comes with your choice of either one or two books, a bookmark, and a couple of bags of tea for you to try while you read. The Original Well-Loved Books Box is mostly the same, with a bookmark and a couple of tea bags, but it comes with three gently used books that someone else has once loved before. Both of those boxes—and their deluxe versions—have a survey that goes with them. You fill out the survey as part of your purchase process, and that helps us to know your preferences so that we can recommend to you the books that you will enjoy the most when we send them to you.
That brings us to the Deluxe versions of both of those boxes, The Deluxe Recommended Reads Box and The Deluxe Well-Loved Books Box. The Deluxe Recommended Reads Box comes with one book and a bookmark, like the Original version, but it also comes with your choice of either tea, coffee, or hot chocolate, and 2-3 goodies for you to enjoy, such as soap, lotion, candles, custom decals, bath bombs, etc. The Deluxe Well-Loved Books Box is the same, it comes with 3 gently used novels and a bookmark like the original, along with your choice of beverage and 2-3 goodies.
Then, we have the last two options, which are slightly different from the ones I just mentioned. I have two different Book of the Month Boxes, the Historical and the Contemporary Edition. Both boxes are basically the same, each month I will choose a book as the Book of the Month and if you subscribe to that box you will receive that book along with some sort of tea, coffee, or hot chocolate, and 2-3 goodies that either revolve around the book that I have sent or the month you are receiving the box (such as next month’s box is a Valentine’s box so it might also contain Valentine’s Day-type goodies). The thing that makes them different is that the Historical Edition only comes with books that fall into the Historical genre and the Contemporary Edition only comes with books from the Contemporary genre, so that you can choose which one you would prefer to read. Or both, if you prefer!
I hope this has given you a little taste of what is to come, just as soon as I can get my website finally up and running! I absolutely cannot wait to share these new boxes with you, and to finally relaunch my blog. I’m still going to be writing about books, but there are also so many other things going on in my life now, especially since I’m less than for months away from finally graduation college, so I want to share about all kinds of other things as well. I hope you will follow me over to my new location once I can finally officially relaunch, and that you’ll love my new boxes as much as I do!
Happy reading!

Mackenzie Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment