Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about me! No, I’m serious! This Top Ten Tuesday is supposed to be ten somewhat little known facts about me. I think this is a fun topic because it helps our readers and other blog friends to know more about the writer behind our blogs, so I was pretty excited for this post. So, let me introduce you to me!
1. I love to paint. First let me admit, I’m not very good. Oh, I can stay in the lines and paint fairly pretty pictures, but not like an artist can. It’s just simple art, like flowers in vases and cute little things for kids like firetrucks and such. But my art is not full of life, and it doesn’t make you feel or anything. But for now, just the fact that I enjoy it is enough, and maybe someday I’ll get there.
2. I am a music enthusiast. I absolutely love music. I love singing, and not a day goes by that I don’t listen to music for at least an hour. No matter what I’m doing, cleaning, working on homework, blogging, it doesn’t matter. I always have music playing.
3. I love to bake. Far more than cooking, that’s for sure, but I like to cook too. Baking is just one of my passions. I don’t do it very often because I don’t have a kitchen at school and when I’m home I don’t enjoy the cleanup that comes afterward, but I do really love it and hope to do lots of baking in the future. I even have a post coming up sometime next month about a cupcake recipe I put together!
4. I am well on my way to owning my own library. I know that sounds like a silly thing to tell you about me, and I probably don’t own nearly as many books as so many other people, but for someone who is still in college, I think I own a decent number of books. I have two bookshelves along the walls of my room, one with the more classic books like Anne of Green Gables and anything Jane Austen, and then the other shelf is full of my Christian fiction titles like the books I review here all the time. Let’s just say, I’m running out of room.
5. My dream is to own a bookstore. When I graduate and finally have a decent amount of money saved away, I want to buy a cute little building and open a bookstore there. But not just any old bookstore. I want it to have a little café inside where I sell tea and cute little pastries and desserts, and I guess coffee because more people seem to like that. And it will have little reading nooks and places for people to sit and read and sip their tea, and it will be perfect.
6. My new favorite show is American Ninja Warrior. Okay, so this one’s a little random. But I wanted to share something about my likes, and people usually ask what your favorite shows and movies are. I love American Ninja Warrior. It’s not my usual type of show, but for some reason it’s become one of my favorite things to watch, and it severely inspires me to get up and get stronger.
7. I love old movies. I really do. Some of my favorite movies of all time are While You Were Sleeping, You’ve Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and Pretty in Pink. New movies are good and all, but I just can’t get enough of those sweet classics that steal your heart every time. So if I’m watching a movie, more often than not it’s really an old favorite rather than something new.
8. I am left-handed. I’m the only person in my family who’s left-handed, other than one of my uncles. I really love being left-handed because not very many people are and so I feel like it makes me unique, and surprisingly not a lot of people actually know that I am. So it’s usually one of those things that I use when people ask those “one thing not many people know about you” questions.
9. I love sports. I’m a horrible athlete, but that doesn’t mean I can’t love the game. Football is my favorite, my first love so to speak, and is the sport I most often watch because it’s easy to devote my Saturdays in the fall to it, especially since watching football is something my dad and I have always done together. But in recent years I have also started falling in love with baseball, basketball, soccer, and hockey, so I’m beginning to be quite a bit of a sports fan.
10. I love games. Board and card games, to be exact. One of my favorite things to do with my spare time is to play things like Phase 10, The Settlers of Catan, Nerts, Life, Monopoly, Dominion, and Apples to Apples with my family and friends. It’s just such a good way to spend time with those you love, and games really are extremely fun!
So, those are ten things about me! What about you? What are some lesser known things about you?
Happy Tuesday and Happy reading!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.