Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Freebie Week

Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is actually a freebie week, which means I can write about whatever I want. I had a bit of trouble coming up with a topic for this post, because I didn’t want it to be just like all the other posts I’ve done in the past. Unfortunately, I feel as if I’ve done almost every topic that could ever exist! So today I’m going to do a topic that I’ve somewhat done before, but that’s okay because it’s constantly relevant, and my answers are constantly changing. And that topic is: my favorite new to me authors. I did a Top Ten Tuesday post last year on this same topic, but since that was six months ago, I know there shouldn’t be any overlap, as I’m sure I’ve been introduced to AT LEAST twenty authors in such a long span of time, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to slim them down to only ten. So, here goes! And as always, if you want to see my full review of any of the books, be sure to click on the colored titles!


Betsy St. Amant



I had heard of Betsy long before I actually found a chance to read her books, but once I stumbled upon All’s Fair in Love and Cupcakes in a bookstore on my birthday, I knew I had to have that book, and that’s how my love for Betsy’s writing began. This past year I’ve read both that book and her other book about the Varland sisters—Love Arrives in Pieces—and I absolutely loved every second of them.

Lori Benton


Lori’s novels are relatively new to me, but I’m so glad that I decided to give them a chance this year. I have found a new favorite author, and it’s all because of The Wood’s Edge. I couldn’t put that book down for the life of me until I was finished, and now I can’t wait to devour more of her novels.

Terri Blackstock


Terri is another author who I’ve only recently stumbled upon, but I am so, so glad I agreed to be an influencer for If I Run. That book captivated me to no end, and I’m absolutely dying to read the rest of Casey’s story!

Victoria Bylin



I’ve known about Victoria for a little while longer than some of the other authors on this list, but I just now got around to reading her novels as well. I’ve quickly become a fan of hers, however, now that I’ve read both Until I Found You and Someone Like You in the past three months!

Sandra Byrd


I was actually just introduced to Sandra’s novels not too long ago, so it wasn’t surprising that I didn’t read my first book by her until this past February. I’m so glad I gave her a chance, though, because I absolutely LOVED Mist of Midnight, and I’m super excited to read more of her books in the future.

Varina Denman


Varina is another author I only just stumbled upon a couple of months ago, but a have quickly decided that she is one of my favorite authors of all-time. I have read Jaded, Justified, and Jilted in the last two months, and I absolutely loved all three novels.

Irene Hannon


I’ve had some of Irene’s novels on my TBR list for quite some time, but somehow I hadn’t gotten around to reading any of them, until now. I read Hope Harbor a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it, so I’m super excited to read more of her novels in the future.

Melissa Tagg


Melissa is another author who I’ve had on my TBR list for quite some time, and I’m so glad I finally got around to reading one of her novels this year! From the Start captivated me from beginning to end, and made me a forever fan of Melissa’s writing.

Becky Wade


I had been dying to read Becky’s novels for a long time, so I was super excited when I finally got around to reading them the past couple of months. I finished Undeniably Yours, Meant to Be Mine, A Love Like Ours, and Her One and Only and absolutely loved reading all about the Porter siblings.

Beth White


Beth is also fairly new to me, but she has quickly become one of my favorites as well. I absolutely devoured all three books in her most recent series, because The Pelican Bride, The Creole Princess, and The Magnolia Duchess were all absolutely wonderful.

Those are my top ten favorite most recent new to me authors! What about you? Who are some authors you’ve recently found that you love?
Oh, and get excited for my new linkup coming soon!!!



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment