Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was Really Excited for That Didn’t Disappoint

Happy Tuesday! This week, Top Ten Tuesday is all about popular books that have lived up to the hype, but that topic didn’t really resonate with me all that much. Since I mostly just read Christian fiction, I knew I didn’t have anything to add to the list that would be considered “popular” in the way this topic is suggesting, and while there are definitely books that are popular in the Christian fiction scene, I don’t typically read books because they are popular. So instead, I decided to give this topic a little bit of a twist, and feature ten books that I was super excited for that didn’t disappoint, but rather lived up to my expectations and more. Check them out!

 
A Note Yet Unsung by Tamera Alexander
A Note Yet Unsung is the third book in Tamera’s Belmont Mansion series, coming after A Lasting Impression and A Beauty So Rare.


Many Sparrows by Lori Benton
Many Sparrows is a stand-alone novel.


The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof
The Lady and the Lionheart is a stand-alone novel.


The Wedding Shop by Rachel Hauck
The Wedding Shop is a stand-alone novel.


Just a Kiss by Denise Hunter
Just a Kiss is the third book in Denise’s Summer Harbor series, coming after Falling Like Snowflakes and The Goodbye Bride.


An Uncommon Courtship by Kristi Ann Hunter
An Uncommon Courtship is the third book in Kristi’s Hawthorne House series, coming after A Noble Masquerade and An Elegant Façade.


A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
A Portrait of Emily Price is a stand-alone novel.


All This Time by Melissa Tagg
All This Time is the fourth book in Melissa’s Walker Family series, coming after From the Start, Like Never Before, and Keep Holding On.


Behind the Scenes by Jen Turano
Behind the Scenes is the first book in Jen’s Apart from the Crowd series.


A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White
A Name Unknown is the first book in Roseanna’s Shadows Over England series.

Those are the top ten books that lived up to my expectations! What about you? What are some books that you really enjoyed?
Happy reading!



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

To see my full review of any of these novels, just click on the coral-colored titles.

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

4 comments:

  1. I'm usually behind when it comes to books that have a lot of hype. I tend to shy away from them and approach them when the hype has toned down a bit. I like you're list. I'm particularly interested in A Portrait of Emily Price and The Wedding Shop. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually am too. That's always a good idea. Thank you! You should check them out, they're really good!

      Delete
  2. I haven’t read any of these, but I’m glad they lived up to your expectations.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are definitely worth checking out! :)

      Delete