Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Bookshelf: Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade

        When Meg Cole’s father dies unexpectedly, she’s forced to return home to Texas and to Whispering Creek Ranch to take up the reins of his empire. The last thing she has the patience or the sanity to deal with? Her father’s Thoroughbred racehorse farm. She gives its manager, Bo Porter, six months to close the place down.
        Bo knows he ought to resent the woman who’s determined to take from him the only job he ever wanted. But instead of anger, Meg evokes within him a profound desire to protect. The more time he spends with her, the more he longs to overcome every obstacle that separates them and earn her love.
        Just when Meg realizes she can no longer deny the depth of her feelings for Bo, their fragile bond is broken by a force from Meg’s past. Can their relationship—and their belief that God can work through every circumstance—survive?


        Undeniably Yours is the first book in Becky Wade’s Porter Family series, and is also the first book I have ever read by her. I had already heard many, many good things about Becky’s writing, so I definitely wasn’t worried I wouldn’t like this story when I first picked it up. However, I had no idea I would fall so completely in love with it! Becky is a fabulous writer!!! She has earned a place on my favorite authors list, for sure, and I cannot wait to read more of her books, like the rest of this series for instance. This book completely and utterly knocked my socks off, and I can’t stop thinking about it even now.
        Meg Cole is such an amazing character. She is so, so relatable—well, except for when it comes to the effects of the millions of dollars in her bank account—and I absolutely love her and her vulnerability. She amazed me throughout each and every one of the pages of this book, even when she was weak and scared and on the verge of a panic attack, and that is a small part of what made me fall in love with this book. However, the main part of her that had me falling in love with her story is how she continually turned to God, even through her worries, even through the pain, and even though she had been through so many horrible things in her past. She is, deep down, such a strong, confident woman, and that, along with her relationship with God, is so inspiring to me.
        Bo Porter is by far the most wonderful man I have ever read about. I mean it! He’s kind, caring, compassionate, faithful, honest, hardworking, the whole package, and he consistently shows it through his interactions with Meg. The tissues? Don’t even get me started! I still melt every time I think about them (You’ll find out what I’m talking about when you read the book)! I only wish that there are men like him in the world, and maybe there would be if more men straightened up and let the Lord be their guide. Anyway, Bo practically makes this book, and I heartily applaud Becky for coming up with such a wonderful hero to Meg’s story. And the effect he has on her? My goodness, where’s a fainting couch when you need one?
        All in all, this story is enough to arrest your attention, melt you into a puddle, and render you speechless for far longer than the duration of this book. Becky did a flawless job of weaving together one of the best love stories of all time, and not only that, but she also managed to mix in the perfect amount of Bible verses and situations filled with God without making it feel overbearing or anything like preaching. Not that I would mind that sort of thing, but I mention it for those who might. Anyway, this novel quickly earned a permanent place on my all-time favorites list, and I couldn’t imagine ever giving it less than all five bookshelves. I absolutely love Becky’s writing, this story, and the Porter Family, and I highly recommend this book!
        Happy reading!


To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.

All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Becky Wade and Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment