Another week has come and gone, and let me say, I am soooooo glad it’s finally the weekend! But, I have to admit, this week hasn’t been all bad…
1. I have officially moved! It was a big transition, even though it wasn’t much of a distance, but I have to say, I am very glad everything worked out and that I am able to be here. While it was a bit of a whirlwind, I know this is where the Lord wants me to be, so I’m super pumped to see what He has in store. I’ll keep you posted.
2. Currently I am reading The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate, and I am LOVING it. Up until this point, I hadn’t read anything by her, but I am so glad I picked up this one. Lisa’s writing is phenomenal; every scene flows effortlessly into the perfect story that draws you in and keeps you wanting more. I cannot wait to finish this story, and I’m already anticipating reading the rest more by her. As soon as I finish this one, I’ll let you know what I think of it as a whole. Because of the move, I’m a little behind schedule, otherwise I would’ve already finished and reviewed this one, but either way, it’ll get posted eventually (wink, wink).
3. Everything is on track for my very first giveaway!! I’m planning on (as long as nothing comes up and throws me off track) having it start September 7th, so look out for that! I’m already so excited to get to read The Chase, so the fact that I get to give a copy away as well makes me super happy. For those of you who don’t know, The Chase is a new book for girls all about trusting God with your happily ever after, and it’s by Kyle Kupecky—a Christian Recording Artist—and his wife Kelsey—who is also the daughter of New York Times Bestselling Author Karen Kingsbury. Anyway, I cannot wait to share this book with you, so come back September 7th for my giveaway!
4. Another thing I am reading at the moment is Your Best Happily Ever After by Ginger Kolbaba. I’ve been reading it as my devotions the last couple of weeks, and I absolutely LOVE it. As I’ve read page after page, I’ve learned so much about what it means to really live out the ‘happily ever after’ God has for you. I’ve been enjoying it immensely, and I cannot wait to share my full review with you!
5. Oh, I almost forgot! The lock-in I mentioned I was planning on last weeks’ post went really well! It was so much fun, and I know all the teens enjoyed themselves. It was also just such a great time of bonding for everyone, especially since we are currently in transition and without a youth pastor. Anyway, it was an absolute blast, full of great games like Sardines and Hunger Games Dodgeball, and lots and lots of pizza. I cannot wait to help out with another one!
There’s my highlights for my week. I cannot wait to see what next week holds!
Linking up at High Five for Friday, Five on Friday, FridayFavorites @ Meet at the Barre, and Friday Favorites @ The Diary of a RealHousewife.
All credit for the photo of Your Best Happily Ever After goes to my sister, Allie. Check out her blog here.