Happy Friday! This is my first time linking-up at High Five for Friday, so I’m super excited. My sister has been doing it for a while now and she loves it, so I thought I’d give it a try! Here goes!
1. Although I feel like all I ever post about is books, I have to mention one of the novels I read a few days ago because it really was one of the highlights of my week. I absolutely love to find stories that not only are interesting, fun stories to read, but also bless you in little ways you never expected they would, and Sweetwater Gap by Denise Hunter was one of those books. Even now, three days after I finished it, I cannot stop thinking about it; it was that great.
You can check out my full review here.
2. I’ve started my first audiobook!! I know, I know, I’m a little late jumping on board the ‘audiobook train’, but I was so worried I wouldn’t like them nearly as much as physical books. So I kept putting off trying my first one, insisting I would—just not yet. However, this week I picked one up from the library, just for the fun of it—and with my life picking up speed over the next few weeks I knew I would need to go over to the dark side (ha ha). Anyway, I knew it was time. And I love it. I’m listening to Mrs. Grant and Madame Jule by Jennifer Chiavarini and I cannot get enough. The book is wonderful, so that helps, but it’s also great to be able to get some of my reading done while painting my nails or cleaning or doing whatever else it is that needs to be done. I’ll let you know my full impression of both the story and the audiobook after I finish it in the next couple of weeks.
3. I have a confession to make. I have become totally and completely obsessed with nail art. I don’t know how or why—up until a few weeks ago I rarely even painted my nails at all—but all the sudden nail art became one of my favorite things to do. Although it is slightly time-consuming, depending on the design, I love coming up with different designs, color schemes, and patterns, like the ones in the picture below (I did those yesterday). I’m thinking sometime in the next week or so I’ll do a post about my most recent nail designs and give you some steps on how to do them. Nail art might become one of my new things! We’ll see…
4. I’m getting a haircut today! I know, I know, that’s a highlight of my week? It’s just a haircut, right? Wrong. I haven’t had a haircut since May, and I sorely need one, but with everything going on I just haven’t had a chance to get one. So that is a really big highlight for my week. Last time I went I got my curly locks cut into a nice asymmetrical-bob-sort-thing, with the front being a bit longer than the back. I also got layers (curly-hair typically must have them), and I got the back stacked a bit, which I really loved. So today, I’m just getting it shaped up and back to that haircut because so far—with my short hair anyway—that is my favorite style so far.
5. I have closing program practice tonight! I’m super excited because I know it will be loads of fun. My church, for the last couple of years, has done a summer long Vacation Bible School instead of just the week long one, which everyone really has come to love. Each year, at the end of the summer, they put on a closing program for the whole church, where they sing their VBS songs and show pictures of what they’ve done and learned, and there are usually a few skits. This year, the skit is a bit longer and has a few more characters than usual, so our children’s director asked a few people who weren’t in the children’s department to do the acting instead, so that she could really get the point across, and it would be fun for the kids to watch. So, I am one of those actors, and it is a blast. The skit is adorable and funny, and I love the rest of the actors; they make everything hilarious, including practices. There is never a dull moment with any of them, and since one of them is my best friend and the other two are absolute goofballs, I am sure tonight’s practice will be more fun and less work.
So, that’s my week! Happy Friday!!!
Linking up at Bright on a Budget.
All credit for the photo of Mrs. Grant and Madame Jule goes to Amazon.