Monday, January 23, 2017

My Bookshelf: A Moonbow Night + A Linkup

In an uncertain time, she faces a choice that will change her life forever.
After fleeing Virginia, Temperance Tucker and her family established an inn along the Shawnee River. It’s a welcome way station for settlers and frontiersmen traveling through the wild Cumberland region of Kentucke—men like Sion Morgan, a Virginia surveyor who arrives at the inn with his crew, looking for an experienced guide.
Though he balks when Tempe is appointed to lead his team through the wilderness, it isn’t long before Sion must admit that her abilities may outmatch his own. But can the tenuous tie they are forming survive the dangers waiting just around the bend?


A Moonbow Night is Laura Frantz’s most recent stand-alone novel, and is a book that I have been super excited for ever since I heard about it. Laura is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite authors, and this novel has just helped me to know that even more. I absolutely LOVED every part of this book, and I’m already eagerly anticipating the next novel of hers that I might get to read, whatever that may be. I cannot tell you how much I love the way that she writes fiction; I truly feel as if I’m right there in the midst of it all, sometimes even like I am the one experiencing everything the characters are. Her novels are just so completely realistic, and they touch my heart in ways I never would have imagined they could, and I know I will never cease to have her new books on auto-buy.
Temperance Tucker is by far my favorite of Laura’s heroines, so far anyway. She is so smart, and sweet, and just generally fantastic, but I couldn’t help feeling so much compassion and hurt for her because of all the grief she continually carried in her heart. So many times throughout this book, I felt truly scared for her, and I cannot tell you how much I longed for her to find healing before this story ended. I desperately wanted for her to make peace with the past and to find a reason to live again, and I think that shows just a glimpse at how much I loved her and her story.
All in all, I absolutely LOVED this novel, if you couldn’t already tell, and I highly recommend it to all lovers of historical fiction! I can’t imagine not giving this book all five bookshelves, especially since it’s on my all-time favorites list! Laura really knocked it out of the park with this one, and I’m so glad that I own it so that I can read it again sometime soon!
Happy reading!

And now on to the linkup!

FEATURES

First, I’m featuring Grace from Graceful Rags and her post featuring an adorable look.

Second I’m featuring Nicole from Courage Hope Love and her inspiring post on how to fight the lies of trauma.

RULES

 -Link back to Spreading His GraceBows and Clothes, or both

-Subscribe to both blogs and follow each of us on at least one social media

Mackenzie: Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Sarah: Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

-This linkup has no theme so we encourage you to link any of your recent posts. Also note that we have the right to delete your link if it isn't appropriate. However, we are super excited to read about your passions and are so glad that you've decided to join us!

To see where I’m linking up, check out my Where I Party page.


All credit for the italicized synopsis goes to Laura Frantz and Revell Publishing.

1 comment: