Friday, September 4, 2015

High Five For Friday

        It’s Friday! I cannot tell you how excited I am for the three day weekend ahead of me! Now let me tell you a little bit about what has happened before this weekend…



        1. I finally received my copy of this gem! I have been dying to read it, so I was so excited when it came in the mail. I’ve already started it, and let me just say, it is wonderful. Roseanna M. White always does an exceptional job, and I can tell The Lost Heiress will not be any different. Here’s the synopsis:
                Brook Eden has never known where she truly belongs.             When her friend Justin uncovers the fact that she is
        possibly a missing heiress from Yorkshire, Brook leaves
        the sun of the Mediterranean to travel to the moors of the                 North Sea and the estate of her supposed family.
                The mystery of her mother’s death haunts her, and                   though her father is quick to accept her, the rest of the 
        family and the servants of Whitby Park are not. Only 
        when Brook’s life is threatened do they draw close—but 
        will their loyalty come too late to save Brook from the 
        same threat that led to tragedy for her mother?
                As heir to a dukedom, Justin is no stranger to 
        balancing responsibilities. When the matters of his estate 
        force him far from Brook, the distance between them
        reveals that their friendship has grown into something 
        much more. But how can their very different loyalties 
        and responsibilities ever come together?
                And then for a second time, the heiress of Whitby 
        Park is stolen away because of the very rare treasure in 
        her possession—and those who can save her still aren’t 
        sure whom to trust.
        Doesn’t that sound wonderful? I cannot wait to finish this book and review it for you. Be looking out for that because it is coming soon!



        2. Everything is on track for my first giveaway! I cannot tell you how excited I am! Not only are giveaways super exciting, but the book I’m giving away (The Chase by Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky for those of you who don’t already know) is so wonderful! I’m almost done with my copy of it, and I really am loving it! It is such a great book and I am so glad they wrote it! I’ll tell you more when I post my review and giveaway on Monday.


        3. Sorry to have another thing about books, but I really cannot write a list of the highlights of my week without listing the amazing novel I just finished yesterday. A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter is by far one of my favorite books of all time. It really was so, so good. I can’t even tell you how wonderful it is without pouring out my whole review right here on this post. So, all I’m going to say is, come back tomorrow and read my review to see how much I loved it.

        4. We have (finally!) cleaned out the youth room at my church! It needed to be cleaned and organized so badly, so I am so glad we finally got around to it. And we moved the furniture into a more functional, and fun, setting, and I’m so excited to see how that plays out in the future. If you cannot tell, I really am so hyped about my calling into youth ministry. I just love it so much! Even though I don’t have my degree (yet) I can at least help out, and that means the world to me. All I can say is that there will be plenty more posts about anything youth related in the future.

        5. I helped throw the best surprise birthday party for one of my friends! It was such a blast just putting it together and working to keep the surprise (there were 22 other girls involved) but the best part was how genuinely surprised she was, and how much she loved what we had done. She was so completely and utterly excited and touched by the gesture, and I really loved seeing the expressions on her face as we carried out all of our surprises. And she has been such a blessing to us, so it really was great to get to bless her in return.

        Well, that is my week! Happy Friday and three day weekend to you!







All credit for the synopsis of The Lost Heiress goes to Roseanna M. White and Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment